Reciprocal linking

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
theOptom
Site Admin

Reciprocal linking

Post by theOptom »

Hi all,

Since some members have links in their signature to optometry related sites/businesses, I was thinking of introducing a reciprocal link system, i.e. if they link to their site, there should be a link to this site on theirs. This does not apply if linking to the website of your practice.

This would only be done in cases where their linked to site was optometry based obviously.

Not that this affects many members, but thought I'd throw it out there first, get some feedback.
Last edited by theOptom on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
evil eye

Post by evil eye »

I have no problem with that...then again my signature is not optical, it's a small bespoke publisher which happens to be the brainchild of people I know :?
Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón.
yzf-r1

Post by yzf-r1 »

Let's put it in the rule book.
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

I will implement this shortly. I may also apply it to profile links also.
Tony73

Post by Tony73 »

Ooops! Caught at long last... :P

On a more serious note, I don't see why this should be a problem. People put links in their signatures in the hope that someone clicks on it. Seems only fair that it's reciprocal. Are you going to have to police it? Or will it be trust based...?

Whatever the decision I don't think it would be an issue. 8)
EYEWHERE <---- This is clickable! ^_~
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

If I notice an optometry signature/profile link, then I will refer the member to this thread. Members can also refer such members to myself, via personal message.

If said member wishes to reciprocate, that's fine, if they dont, then they will have to remove their link here.
Johnb

Post by Johnb »

Apologies for being a bit slow, do I have this right. Anyone linking to their own optical website from here will have a link from their own website to the log in page on Optom.com?
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Not if it's your practice website, but any other optical website should have a reciprocal link. I will edit the original post to reflect this clarification.
People are dying/suffering needlessly when there are effective, simple, safe and cheap treatments: see here
What are you going to do about it?