theOptom.com Forum Index      optician equipment        
FAQFAQSearchSearchMembersMembersGroupsGroups RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Your messagesYour messages Log inLog in 

Important: To view all sections of the forum please join by clicking Register above. Click here to: Buy Optician Equipment Online

Forum advertisements.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MTP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedmundo wrote:
Boss, it may not be in the forum rules, but no cost prices on this forum is probably the only thing that there is universal agreement on here.

Perhaps a formal rule change would be a good idea?

Unfortunately, Ned, the forum rules forbid you from questioning the decisions of the administrator and expect you now to be banned or at least slapped about a bit.
Nedmundo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTP wrote:
or at least slapped about a bit.

Nah - that's my missus's job Laughing
MTP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You naughty boy.
MTP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all seriousness, though, while there is no absolute rule against the sharing of cost/wholesale prices on the forum, we all accept this forum is not restricted to people working within the profession/business/sales stream. Generally, if someone posts wholesale prices they are gently recommended to remove them by various users.

So, I would like to ask the sole admin of this forum, theOptom, what we do in this situation. For example in North America, Vigamox is not licensed for the treatment of corneal ulcers, however, it has become the treatment paradigm of choice and should you choose not to use it effectively "off license" you would be negligent and open to litigation as you were not following the peer norm, but you would have broken the rules.

Where stands theOptom on rules/the intent of the rules/peer norm. Obviously this takes into account the fact that you are permitted to change the rules at will and retrospectively apply them unilaterally, not that I would ever suggest that this would happen.
Hornhaut

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the only red advert in the whole forum. People's eyes will be unavoidably drawn to it. Confused If the whole forum goes red, then I may withdraw my complaint. Evil or Very Mad

J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    theOptom.com Forum Index -> Give us feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: