Forum advertisements.

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
MTP

Post by MTP » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Nedmundo wrote:Boss, it may not be in the forum rules, but no cost prices on this forum is probably the only thing that there is universal agreement on here.

Perhaps a formal rule change would be a good idea?
Unfortunately, Ned, the forum rules forbid you from questioning the decisions of the administrator and expect you now to be banned or at least slapped about a bit.

Nedmundo

Post by Nedmundo » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:06 pm

MTP wrote: or at least slapped about a bit.
Nah - that's my missus's job :lol:

MTP

Post by MTP » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:15 pm

You naughty boy.

MTP

Post by MTP » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:22 am

In all seriousness, though, while there is no absolute rule against the sharing of cost/wholesale prices on the forum, we all accept this forum is not restricted to people working within the profession/business/sales stream. Generally, if someone posts wholesale prices they are gently recommended to remove them by various users.

So, I would like to ask the sole admin of this forum, theOptom, what we do in this situation. For example in North America, Vigamox is not licensed for the treatment of corneal ulcers, however, it has become the treatment paradigm of choice and should you choose not to use it effectively "off license" you would be negligent and open to litigation as you were not following the peer norm, but you would have broken the rules.

Where stands theOptom on rules/the intent of the rules/peer norm. Obviously this takes into account the fact that you are permitted to change the rules at will and retrospectively apply them unilaterally, not that I would ever suggest that this would happen.

Hornhaut

Post by Hornhaut » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:50 pm

It's the only red advert in the whole forum. People's eyes will be unavoidably drawn to it. :? If the whole forum goes red, then I may withdraw my complaint. :evil:

J.