get the word out!

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
Karen

Re: get the word out!

Post by Karen »

felicity_james wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:03 pm Thanks to everyone who offered help. I've been into mygoc and the picture is actually pretty good, I've done everything except the min 6points for this year, seems manageable even with the childcare situation.

Hope you get it sorted, I really feel for anyone this year who’s been trying to juggle home-schooling and work, especially with young children.
shiraz

Post by shiraz »

felicity_james wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Slightly peeved that I can't count my IP hospital placement, as that would cover the points if not all competencies, and it is definitely educational. (If I'm wrong and the placement can be counted, someone tell me!)
Hi FJ,

This is definitely not right.
I just checked my own CET record from many years ago; for some sessions I got 7 points and some 6 (it changed part way through). So the end result was 75-80 points in a few months.
I'm not sure how what you are doing has been set up, but if there is any support for it coming from a non-local direction, I can tell you exactly who to contact - drop me an email to remind me if I forget. (Well, it is my birthday weekend!)
MTP

Post by MTP »

shiraz wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 pm
felicity_james wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:36 pm Slightly peeved that I can't count my IP hospital placement, as that would cover the points if not all competencies, and it is definitely educational. (If I'm wrong and the placement can be counted, someone tell me!)
Hi FJ,

I just checked my own CET record from many years ago; for some sessions I got 7 points and some 6 (it changed part way through). So the end result was 75-80 points in a few months.
I'm not sure how what you are doing has been set up, but if there is any support for it coming from a non-local direction, I can tell you exactly who to contact - drop me an email to remind me if I forget. (Well, it is my birthday weekend!)
Shiraz!!! How you doing, fella?
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

We had a large number of users sign up on march 25th. Was this site mentioned somewhere I'm unaware of?

Could be spambots so I'm reluctant to approve them all. Might stagger it.
People are dying/suffering needlessly when there are effective, simple, safe and cheap treatments: see here
What are you going to do about it?
felicity_james

Post by felicity_james »

The site was mentioned on FB (as a place of slander but all publicity is good publicity?)
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

felicity_james wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 pm The site was mentioned on FB (as a place of slander but all publicity is good publicity?)
Thanks. I do remove slander but I receive very few reports and those that do rarely provide specifics.
People are dying/suffering needlessly when there are effective, simple, safe and cheap treatments: see here
What are you going to do about it?
scotoma

Post by scotoma »

felicity_james wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:49 pm The site was mentioned on FB (as a place of slander but all publicity is good publicity?)
Oh what happened?
felicity_james

Post by felicity_james »

The thread where it was suggested you shouldn't vote for a certain AOP councillor. Said councillor posted to say they were saddened to hear they were being spoken of this way on theoptom.com. It was one of the Scottish groups, either Scottish Optometry Group or the NES group.
felicity_james

Post by felicity_james »

shiraz wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:20 pm
Hi FJ,

Well howdy stranger! I spoke to the college who said "nul point" for hospital placement. My local organiser was under the impression there would be points. Who shall I speak to next?