Locum needed Moray/Grampian/NE Scotland

Optical recruitment: for posting of jobs available or needed.
ScotlandTheBrave

Locum needed Moray/Grampian/NE Scotland

Post by ScotlandTheBrave » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi
I need a locum to cover my day off, which would ideally be a Monday or a Saturday.
My practice is "quite" far north (lovely rural Elgin) and so if it made it more attractive I'd be happy to hire you for a second or a third day to make it worth the travel. I would pay for accommodation on top of the daily rate. I'd like holiday cover ideally from the same person if possible. Rate negotiable. If you were travelling up from the central belt for a couple of days I'd be happy to give you a later start and earlier finish to help with the travel along the beautiful Cairngorm area (or other route of your choosing!).

Current registration with NHS GRampian not essential- happy to help you get registered and wait for you.
Nice practice, I'm busy with lots of pathology. Decent kit- each test room has either a fundus camera (Kowa) or an OCT (Topcon Maestro). Each room has a Keeler Symphony slit lamp and a Henson 7000 field screener for you to use. There's a Humphrey field analyser should you need something more in depth.

Qualified DO and Student DO both full time on premises.

Numpties need not apply. Ideally you'll be comfortable dealing with unplanned extra pathology (but experienced Optom available to help you if you're out of your depth), comfortable discussing glasses options with patients (no pressure to convert, just give people their options should they need specs). Above all must be nice with patients and nice to work with- i.e. be classed as fairly normal!

If you think that might be you and you're interested, please get in touch.

Cheers.