Logging on

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
theOptom
Site Admin

Re: Logging on

Post by theOptom »

Nothing has been updated on the forum but there may have been a server modification by the host.

As a side note there is a link/button at the bottom of the forum which you can click to delete cookies. Easier than having to delete browser cache/cookies.
You work 20 years paying off a mortgage to a bank who created the money they lent you out of thin air. Debt is the modern day slavery. There is a better way: Watch this Video

eagle

Post by eagle »

May be a bit thick here but do we not want the cookies to facilitate not having to repeatedly log in?
Overall Premier League Prediction Champion from 2007-2020

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Hi all,
I recently started to get intermittent login issues (but only from the homepage screen). I never changed anything on my end so asked the host to investigate which they are currently doing. They said they never changed any server setting.
I cleared my cookies using the link at the bottom of the homepage and that seems to have worked.

After some research I found a possible cause:
The problem on mobile devices is caused by Chrome´s data saving feature.
When it´s activated, "an old version of the header" is set.

- Click the "3 dots" on Google Chrome mobile version.
- Settings
- Data Server
- set to OFF
Please note without detailed info from users experiencing problems it is not possible for me to follow up.
You work 20 years paying off a mortgage to a bank who created the money they lent you out of thin air. Debt is the modern day slavery. There is a better way: Watch this Video

Rick Sanderson

Post by Rick Sanderson »

I get straight to this every time I log in on my laptop, i've logged out and logged back in, deleted cookies, not a major problem just letting you know...

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Yes that is the issue I got recently. It went away for me though. I assume you also mean recently?

And are you saying this doesn't happen on mobile devices?

Chrome?

As I said I cannot follow up without details.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

I will get the programmer to look into this when the forum upgrade is done. It may disappear with the upgrade but we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: I just realised it could be due to the recent surge in visitors to the site (probably some sort of spambot/hack attempt) which then triggered some security settings.

Homepage:
Most users ever online was 757 on 04 May 2020 02:46 am
Seems to be the issue: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2393436
I have modified the settings. Let me know if still an issue.

fagin

Post by fagin »

Rick Sanderson wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:17 am
I get straight to this every time I log in on my laptop, i've logged out and logged back in, deleted cookies, not a major problem just letting you know...

You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.
I get that on my phone. I've pretty much given up, and just log on here occasionally from my PC when time allows.
Now please wash your hands.

parttest

Post by parttest »

I get that problem also but only recently.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

It will be looked at during the upgrade.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Try it now. Elements of the database have been reset.

fagin

Post by fagin »

okay, tried it, managed to log on from my phone.
Now please wash your hands.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Good to hear fagin. The programmer said there was a dictionary hack attempt recently in which numerous usernames and password combos are tried until they succeed. No breaches to report but it would have triggered some security settings. It is recorded in the database log for a while so previous attempts may have also caused issues for some. They have now been reset but it could happen again but I can just reset them again now we know what caused it.

parttest

Post by parttest »

No issues for me now. Thanks.