Scheduled forum upgrade 11/5/2020

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
theOptom
Site Admin

Scheduled forum upgrade 11/5/2020

Post by theOptom »

Scheduled forum upgrade to latest software is planned to take place in the early hours of Monday 11th May 2020. Should be minimal downtime, perhaps few hrs.

If after the upgrade you experience any problems please post them here or email: admin (at) theptom (dot) com

Thanks.

(if no issues after a while this thread will likely be deleted)
You work 20 years paying off a mortgage to a bank who created the money they lent you out of thin air. Debt is the modern day slavery. There is a better way: Watch this Video

Homer

Re: Scheduled forum upgrade 11/5/2020

Post by Homer »

Are you doing regular back ups?

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Yes, weekly, in addition to the daily backup by the host.
You work 20 years paying off a mortgage to a bank who created the money they lent you out of thin air. Debt is the modern day slavery. There is a better way: Watch this Video

meyed

Post by meyed »

Hello from America. At first I was wondering why you were give a notice of what was going to happen in November. I've got it now. I do make me laugh.
Optometrically yours,
Michael I. Davis, O.D.
every day a holiday, every night a party

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

:D

Stay safe meyed

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

The upgrade will go on in the background while the forum can still work. It will complete later.

Surreal1959

Post by Surreal1959 »

Had to clear cookies

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

Forum software has been upgraded now. Any issues let me know.

If anyone has issues logging in use the link at the bottom of the page to delete cookies then log in again.

theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

I have noted that every now and then there is an unusually large number of visitors to the site which likely means a hack/spam attempt. I imagine this happens to many forums on a regular basis.

As a result if the login problem happens again let us know by email Image (please ensure this email is added to your contacts so it does not go to spam/junk folder). Or you can contact us via our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheOptom/