How to reset your password if you have forgotten it

Report any problems here, suggest improvements, give us feedback etc.
Andy

How to reset your password if you have forgotten it

Post by Andy »

Was this somehow linked to the constantly being logged out issue?

I just tried to reset my password and the forum wouldn't let me. Thankfully I remembered my old password which is how I got back in.

Anyway it's good to be back :D
theOptom
Site Admin

Re: Recent outage

Post by theOptom »

Andy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 pm Was this somehow linked to the constantly being logged out issue?
I don't know.

I just tried to reset my password and the forum wouldn't let me. Thankfully I remembered my old password which is how I got back in.
Assuming you're 100% certain of the username/email info you put in, what was the error displayed?

Anyone else have this issue?

I just checked it and it worked fine for me, as in it sent the new email password. I assume when you clicked on the link in this email it did not work. That is because Admin has to reset it for you. In that case, you can reply to the password email to request a change.

I will put this in the feedback section and change the title, as this issue may be affecting others.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to change this setting without affecting the setting that Admin has to activate new user accounts. This measure is taken to prevent spam registrations.
People are dying/suffering needlessly when there are effective, simple, safe and cheap treatments: see here
What are you going to do about it?
Andy

Re: How to reset your password if you have forgotten it

Post by Andy »

I put my username in and my email address and it just said it was invalid. I did it a few times. I started to think I must have used a different email.

When I remembered my old password and logged in I checked and was indeed using the correct email address.

I typed my username with a capital "A" and email lowecase.

Maybe I did just type it wrong but I tried a few times and always got an invalid details error.
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

I just checked it with your details and it worked. Ignore the email you get.

So not sure why it happened. Possible misspell. I'll see if others try it and have the same issue. If anyone tries it, it wont actually reset your password, just ignore the email you get.
People are dying/suffering needlessly when there are effective, simple, safe and cheap treatments: see here
ARTHUR

Post by ARTHUR »

Am not getting the 'heads up' in my email on threads i'm in currently .... ?
theOptom
Site Admin

Post by theOptom »

You'll have to change your notification settings:

Click on your username (top right), user control panel, board preferences