Glaucoma clinic experience

Optical recruitment: for posting of jobs available or needed.
superoptom165

Re: Glaucoma clinic experience

Post by superoptom165 »

John Tickner wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:12 am
superoptom165 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:39 am

...it's very time consuming when you see patients in practice, up to an hour. £55 per patient seen
Only if you do the work yourself !

Clinical assistant can do S&H, VF, instill drops etc

You need ~ 15 minutes of time with Px to go through the results
Unfortunately I don't know the criteria or what is involved but it's what I've heard from a colleague. 1 hour time also includes compiling report back to HES

pcm

Post by pcm »

superoptom165 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:11 pm
John Tickner wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:12 am
superoptom165 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:39 am

...it's very time consuming when you see patients in practice, up to an hour. £55 per patient seen
Only if you do the work yourself !

Clinical assistant can do S&H, VF, instill drops etc

You need ~ 15 minutes of time with Px to go through the results
Unfortunately I don't know the criteria or what is involved but it's what I've heard from a colleague. 1 hour time also includes compiling report back to HES

The dreaded “report”...With clunky IT systems some reporting can take nearly as long as seeing the patient.

decay

Post by decay »

Agreed you need to have a dedicated glaucoma clinc , although I would struggle with 15mins slots with all the cleaning at the moment.
Its really interesting what a difference having someone else do part of it.

At the hospital post-op clinic I can see 50% more patients If I have a nurse doing IOP's / autorefractor / VA's / OCT

I am really tempted to try a similar thing with the thoose GOS only NHS patients in our practices - 2 NHS days with a clinical assistant.
Soon to be updated

adnan_u

Post by adnan_u »

John Tickner wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 am
As long as your prepared to move from Lancs to the South Coast, you can take over my role which includes significant galucoma cases !
Thanks JT for the offer. I'd love the opportunity, but don't think the Mrs will be happy with the move away from family. Shame.... Last I visited (number of years ago) it was amazing.