Dispensing Optician Looking for a Position

Optical recruitment: for posting of jobs available or needed.
Emma.cameron

Dispensing Optician Looking for a Position

Post by Emma.cameron »

I am a locum dispensing optician based in the south west, and was enquiring to see if there was any positions out there for locum days, PT or FT work.

Within my 15 years of my experience I have worked within some successful independent practices, with a high level of customer service with a knowledge of a clinical background and luxury high value dispensing.

As a locum you cover a large radius, so travel is a norm, If you are currently further away from the south west and would be open to a month to month basis of work, I would like to hear from you too.

I am registered with ABDO, GOC and can provide references on request.

If you would like to contact, my email address is emmacameronlocum@gmail.com and mobile number 07813595959, then I can forward on my CV.

Thank you

pezmaz

Re: Dispensing Optician Looking for a Position

Post by pezmaz »

Good luck Emma

eagle

Post by eagle »

I am based in the south west and it's good luck from me as you might need some. It is not yet set in stone that we will take back all staff when the furlough expires let alone consider hiring more. We are busy as can be and everybody wants new specs but at a much slower rate than before. Recession coming also a big factor.
Overall Premier League Prediction Champion from 2007-2020

Rick Sanderson

Post by Rick Sanderson »

Good luck indeed.
On the bright side maybe on the back of events of late, a load of locum optoms will be thinking of opening their own practices?

GreenB1tch

Post by GreenB1tch »

Emma.cameron wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:49 pm
I am a locum dispensing optician based in the south west, and was enquiring to see if there was any positions out there for locum days, PT or FT work.

Within my 15 years of my experience I have worked within some successful independent practices, with a high level of customer service with a knowledge of a clinical background and luxury high value dispensing.

As a locum you cover a large radius, so travel is a norm, If you are currently further away from the south west and would be open to a month to month basis of work, I would like to hear from you too.

I am registered with ABDO, GOC and can provide references on request.

If you would like to contact, my email address is emmacameronlocum@gmail.com and mobile number 07813595959, then I can forward on my CV.

Thank you
You have probably done this already, but I would advise you to contact practices in your area directly, have a look at websites and facebook pages and send emails to them - I always appreciate someone who takes the initiative - and then you catch those who aren't on this forum

pezmaz

Post by pezmaz »

Also, I assume you've put advert on ABDO jobs page

Emma.cameron

Post by Emma.cameron »

pezmaz wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:26 am
Good luck Emma
Thanks pezmaz :)

Emma.cameron

Post by Emma.cameron »

eagle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:53 pm
I am based in the south west and it's good luck from me as you might need some. It is not yet set in stone that we will take back all staff when the furlough expires let alone consider hiring more. We are busy as can be and everybody wants new specs but at a much slower rate than before. Recession coming also a big factor.
Hi Eagle, it is much slower at the moment and only time will tell.... do you work for independent or multiple?
Wishing every one luck!

Emma.cameron

Post by Emma.cameron »

You have probably done this already, but I would advise you to contact practices in your area directly, have a look at websites and facebook pages and send emails to them - I always appreciate someone who takes the initiative - and then you catch those who aren't on this forum
[/quote]

Your right, I did this when looking for practices before I locumed and worked well - Thank you GreenB1tch :)

eagle

Post by eagle »

Emma.cameron wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 pm
eagle wrote:
Hi Eagle, it is much slower at the moment and only time will tell.... do you work for independent or multiple?
Wishing every one luck!
Independent. Small company. Own boss since 1986. Apart from Maggie Thatcher ending the free for all NHS test at a stroke and the recession shortly after, this will be the hardest time for decades for optical practices over the next year or so. Sorry to be so gloomy.
Overall Premier League Prediction Champion from 2007-2020

Dispenser

Post by Dispenser »

eagle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:24 pm
Emma.cameron wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 pm
eagle wrote:
Wishing every one luck!
Independent. Small company. Own boss since 1986. Apart from Maggie Thatcher ending the free for all NHS test at a stroke and the recession shortly after, this will be the hardest time for decades for optical practices over the next year or so. Sorry to be so gloomy.
The current outlook is less appealing for practice owners that are unable or unwilling to cope with the new normal than previously
It doesn't necessarily follow that there will be less positions available for locums though. In the early 1980's recession & the early 1990's recession both DO and optom salaries continued to rise. Some employers may feel that there is less commitment in hiring a locum than an employed. Plus I don't think we are going to return to the rushed 15 minute appointments any time soon which will entail more optoms to carry out the same number of eye examinations. I have plenty of opportunities to work at my highest ever rates but it's getting late in my career and I need to slow down
Doubt everything. Find your own light.

Emma.cameron

Post by Emma.cameron »

eagle wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:24 pm
Its destined to be the truth. it is going to be hard out there, I wish you all well. To be honest I think I will have to venture into something else than optics - such a shame :(

ahmed_optom

Post by ahmed_optom »

Rick Sanderson wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:15 pm
Good luck indeed.
On the bright side maybe on the back of events of late, a load of locum optoms will be thinking of opening their own practices?
I really doubt that Rick, there's just no business case for it.

Unfortunately it looks like a very difficult time for all in optics for the next few years
Dear Lord,
Please give me the hope and the optimism of the sellers on Optical Marketplace.
Amen.

Xavier

Post by Xavier »

It's very difficult everywhere at present
However, if anyone is even slightly tempted, I can recommend Emma as an excellent DO. I worked with her for 9 years.

pezmaz

Post by pezmaz »

And Boots closing 48 opticians!